Join a Bald Head Island tradition and the largest beach party each month when the full moon rises out of the Atlantic Ocean. The “Howl” party (as it’s called by the locals) happens on East Beach Access 39 when the Moon rises and the entire group breaks into a collective “howl!” around a blazing bonfire.
Attendees bring food and drink to share and the Maritime Market brings huge pots of soup and some appetizers as well.
verb (used without object)
- to utter a loud, prolonged, mournful cry, as that of a dog or wolf.
- to utter a similar cry in distress, pain, rage, etc.; wail.
- to make a sound like an animal howling: The friends howl when the sun sets and the moon rises.
- Informal. to go on a spree; enjoy oneself without restraint.
verb (used with object)
- to utter with howls: to howl the rising moon.
- to drive or force by howls (often followed by down): to howl down the beach.