The Village of Bald Head Island has declared a State of Emergency which includes a Voluntary Evacuation of Bald Head Island with the following orders, prohibitions and restrictions:
- Discontinuance of All Short-term Rental Operations: All rental agencies and property owners that rent properties on Bald Head Island are instructed to have all current renters, for a rental period of less than three (3) months duration, and their invitees vacate the premises and leave the Island by not later than 2 PM on Sunday, March 22, 2020. Effective immediately, there will be no new rental occupancies of any nature or duration allowed on the Island.
- Restricted Access: Only property owners and residents, business owners and their respective employees and contractors, and municipal employees and contractors shall be admitted to the island after 6:00 PM today, March 19, 2020.
- Village Operations: The Village Manager, Assistant Manager or their designee are hereby authorized to take all lawful actions necessary to manage the Village during this State of Emergency, including, without limitation, procuring goods and services necessary to manage this emergency and adjustment of hours, access, and operation of all Village-owned facilities, parks, and government operations as deemed reasonably necessary to restrict the spread of COVID-19 and protect Island residents, the public and municipal employees.
Unless and until further notice is given, these restrictions will remain in place through Thursday April 30, 2020.
As many of you know the governor has issued a Stay-at-Home Order for North Carolina. Some of you have asked what does this mean for our area? We are here to break it down for you.
- Stay at home unless you have to leave for an essential activity. Essential activities include traveling for health and safety, obtaining necessary supplies or services, going outside for outdoor activity while staying 6 feet away from others and avoiding gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Essential workers may travel for work, included essential workers include health and human services, construction and maintenance crews, grocery stores, agriculture-based operations, food and beverage products that offer carry-out or delivery, and gas station workers. See the full list of essential workers here.
- Social Distancing orders still apply which means maintaining a 6-foot distance from others. Washing your hands as often as possible for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, and or using hand sanitizer. Clean high traffic surfaces often with a sanitizing product.
- Individual towns have also issued their own regulations to govern their ordinance’s needs.
- These implementations will be upheld until April 30, 2020.
In light of Governor Cooper’s Executive Order 121, a statewide Stay at Home Order from March 30 until April 29, 2020, Bald Head Island Transportation, Inc. is implementing new passenger and contractor ferry schedules beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2020, to comply with the Order and ensure the safety of employees and customers. You can view the updated schedules below: